Ereka Vetrini is the host of TLC’s Sunday Brunch, which airs on Sunday mornings. She brings you the very best brunch & cocktail recipes, styling tips and more, but Ereka just introduced the world to a new twist on the traditional aqua fresca drink. Aqua Fresca is a drink you can traditionally find sold by street vendors throughout Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Because it is so refreshing on warm summer days, it has grown in popularity in the US recently. Ereka introduces some new tastes to savor this summer, as she teamed up with Santa Cruz Organic®. A pioneer organic brand, Santa Cruz Organic offers a variety of organic, 100 percent juices.
Mint Grapefruit Lemonade:
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle Santa Cruz Organic® Grapefruit Agua Fresca Beverage chilled
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle Santa Cruz Organic® Lemonade Lemon Flavored Beverage chilled
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus additional for garnish
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Ice cubes
Combine agua fresca beverage, lemon flavored beverage, mint leaves, and lemon slices. Add desired amount of ice. Stir to combine. Garnish with mint leaves. This drink is delicious when made for individual glasses or combined in a pitcher or carafe.
Blackberry Pomegranate Punch:
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle Santa Cruz Organic® Pomegranate Agua Fresca Beverage chilled
- 1/3 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon, thinly slices
Combine agua fresca beverage, blackberries, and lemon slices. Add desired amount of ice. Stir to combine. Garnish glass with lemon slice. This drink is delicious when made for individual glasses or combined in a pitcher or carafe.
Mango Passion Fruit Floats:
- 1/2 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Mango Passion Fruit Agua Fresca Beverage chilled
- 1/2 cup R.W. Knudsen® Celebratory Sparkling Beverage
- 2 scoops Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
Chill glass in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Place one scoop of raspberry frozen yogurt (or your favorite flavor) in the glass. Pour in the agua fresca beverage and sparkling beverage. Allow bubbles to settle. Add an additional scoop of raspberry frozen yogurt.
Which Aqua Fresca drink sounds more appealing to you? I am looking forward to trying the Mint Grapefruit Lemonade.
Ereka is also the host of Lifetime’s Access Health where her and her team bring you the latest cutting-edge developments and innovations in medicine, nutrition and fitness, so women everywhere can take charge of their health, which is one of our favorite topics here. Be sure to check her out.